Tuesday 21 April 2009

To Market to Market





Coledale Markets are on this Sunday from 9am at Coledale Primary School - yay! It has to be one of the most pleasant ways to spend a Sunday in the Illawarra. Georgous foods, fresh coffee, local (Berry) sourdough breads and treasures of every type. One of the (many) highlights is the school playground where the little ones can wear themselves out, whilst the big kids take turns to check out the stalls.

So for the better part of the day, I've been pricing all of our stock, trialling stall set ups in our studio and generally making sure everything is ready to rock.

I found a fantastic old projector screen to paint onto, so people know where they're at. The best bit, because the screen had the tiniest tear - the lovely gentlenman at the secondhand store gave it to me for free! I decided card tables would be the way to go as my market tables, as they are fairly light to transport & fit together. Up to my local op shop, fingers crossed - and score! There's my new card table, with barely a mark. Happy days. So I have my grandmas old table, a nearly newbie and my Dad is going to donate his barely used - sitting in the back of the shed - 20 odd years old table to the cause. I love pieces with history. Makes for more interesting stories.

Enjoy the week, and pulling on those layers as the temperatures slowly heads south.

No comments: