Wednesday 10 June 2009

Let the sun shine in

I can't believe how cold this morning was! Layer upon layer was applied - and that's just to get around the house! Lucky the sun is out, giving the day divine clarity. The other nice thing about the sunshine is free energy to run our Wind Up Radio. Pumps out the tunes with good volume and clarity. Park it on the windowsill and you're laughing! (for the cloudy days and evenings entertainment, there's a crank on the back to human power your radio.) (The pumpkin in the back ground is for a slow cook soup to power the humans, to power the radio, to power up the creative soul)

Greenfest was awesome! Found loads of goodies (more of that soon.) 
i read in one of the local street press mags in Brisbane that the founder sold his car and used a massive chunk of his own money to get Greenfest happening. yay for positive and couragious humans!!!! 
Also, many thanks to mother Nature for the beautiful weather.

2 comments:

Tricia (Little eco footprints) said...

The sun today was lovely wasn't it.

I recently bought my hubby a wind up & solar powered radio/torch. I love it! He thinks I really bought it for myself and he's probably right :-)

Found your blog via your great shop and looking forward to following.

P.S. Planning to email you some pics of Flannel Fings bibs tomorrow morning as I had trouble today choosing which one to send you. I should just stop reading blogs and go and upload products to my store instead of procrastinating :-)

Cheers,
Tricia

Tania said...

Tee Hee. We had one of those for YEARS while living in London. Let's just say that a lot of human effort went into its operation (especially since we didn't have a tv and were obsessed with wall-to-wall BBC Radio 4!).