Wednesday 1 July 2009

R&D

A great deal of what I do is research and developent. (An offical way of saying, finding stuff, using our family as test pilots to see how it performs, collating feedback and if the product ticks all the boxes, stock said product!)
As you're all aware, there are many companies out there with fantastic copywriters. Trying to make us think that we really, really need (at least) 1 of whatever they're selling. Great for them, but it has to work both ways.
I get really excited when I've found something I deem appropriate for Eco Depot. Take this flat pack bowl for example. Designed by a great guy. But it is still undergoing it's trial. Minimal waste, minimal packaging, but a tiny bit on the delicate side. There are no screws and no adhesives - that's part of its beauty. Also, the sculptural form is fantastic. My daughter loves turning it in and out of jigsaw mode. My husband thinks it's a little delicate (if you plop a piece of fruit etc. into the bowl, a ring bounces off it's shelf.) For my money, I love it on our dining table .
Any opinions?

No comments: